When planning vacations, remember that certain countries outside the United States, such as those in Africa, South America and Southeast Asia, require vaccinations and other preventive medications. Making plans to ensure good health for your international trip is just as important as obtaining your passport and your airline tickets.
The Providers will ensure that you receive a thorough consultation and evaluation of your immunization needs. Our practice ensures that patients receive comprehensive, personalized care.
Travel Medicine Services
During your consultation with our trained provider, you will receive specific information about the places you plan to visit. The Doctor or NP will review the following health and travel concerns with you:
- Health risks associated with the places you are traveling
- Disease prevention
- Safe practices and precautions on the places you plan to visit if you are pregnant, are nursing or have a chronic health condition
- Vaccination requirements dictated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization
- Proper food and water precautions to ensure good health
- Consular information sheets with travel warnings and safety conditions from the U.S. Department of State
- Certain vaccinations and other preventive medications are recommended at least one to two months before entering certain areas of the world.
Book your travel consultation appointment as soon as you know your travel plans. We offer the following vaccines for your travel needs:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Immune globulin
- Measles, mumps and rubella
- Meningococcal infections
- Pneumococcal infections
- Tetanus and diphtheria
- Typhoid fever
- Yellow fever
Most health insurance plans do not cover travel vaccines. Our services include a cash consultation fee, and we offer vaccines at reasonable and competitive prices.